Two men working at the Aloe Industrial Park in Victoria suffered burn injuries when the railcar they were working in caught fire. The men were rescued from the fire by coworkers. One suffered second and third-degree burns over 95 percent of his body. He was taken to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. He is listed in critically stable condition.
Lindenschmidt, a tall, thin man, said the men spread adhesive inside the tank to form a protective barrier against the hydrochloric acid it would soon carry.
He remembers the sound of the flash fire’s boom, the feel of the heat and the sight of the men’s burned clothing.
Young, the fire marshal, thinks a droplight – like those mechanics hang from car hoods – ignited the flash fire.
The accident is being investigated and it is believed there was no foul play. The other man was taken to DeTar Healthcare System. He is in guarded condition.